COVID-19 Update from the OB/GYN Group of Austin
At The OB/GYN Group of Austin, the health and safety of our patients and staff is our number one priority. We continue to monitor the COVID-19 outbreak and are staying up-to-date with the latest information from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO).
Our central office and SWMV office are both open for normal office hours – from 8AM-4PM, Monday through Friday. We will continue to take precautions to offer the safest environment possible, including restricting visitors from accompanying patients in the office, maintaining social distancing in our waiting area and clinic space, and requiring face-covering throughout your visit.
If you are due for an appointment, please contact our office to schedule at 512-454-5721 or request an appointment here. If you are experiencing any of the below symptoms, we request that you call and reschedule your appointment for a later date:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
The recommended steps to protect yourself from COVID-19 are:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or with an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
- Wear a cloth mask in public places at all times. For more recommendations on face masks, read this.
- Maintain a social distance from people outside of your household.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Avoid close contact with sick people.
For more information related to how the spread of COVID-19 affects health care for women, we recommend this useful and current guide from ACOG. For information regarding COVID-19 information for pregnant and breastfeeding women, click here.
If you have any questions or concerns for us, please call our office at 512-454-5721.